- The crowd was sparse, and sounded more like a golf gallery at times during the first half. They did wake up somewhat in the second half, though. The entire southeast section and all upper corners of the stadium were empty.
- The UNC defense is really, really bad...no two ways about it. Didn't we just give defensive coordinator Marvin Sanders a big raise? Better start earning your paycheck, Coach.
- With NC State's loss to Southern Miss tonight, it's looking more and more like the UNC vs. NC State game will be an old school WWF "I quit" match between John Bunting and Chuck Amato....loser resigns (or gets fired).
- Cam Sexton looked like the real deal, going 14 of 20 for 263 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Many of his completions were screen passes which explains the high completion percentage, but he threw the deep outs and crossing routes well, too. Next week he goes to Clemson's Death Valley, so we'll see if tonight was a fluke or not.
- What in the world was Duke point guard Greg Paulus doing wandering through the Kenan Football offices midway through the first half? Who in the heck let him in?
- The UNC defense is really, really bad...yes, I meant to type that twice.
- No Justin Warren, Richie Rich, or Joe Dailey in the backfield tonight. Not that they were needed since the offense was playing well, but it would have been nice to at least the the running backs a couple of reps.
Sep 16, 2006 – 11:43 PM
I just got back from Kenan stadium and thought I'd run down a few of my initial thoughts on the UNC vs. Furman game. I'll get into more depth later as I digest things a little more:Filed under: Sports
News From Our Partners
- EMINENT DOMAIN CASE Colo. couple reluctantly agrees to sell land to gov't
- PRIVACY CONCERNIs your home's energymeter spying on you?
- TRAIL OF DESTRUCTION Feds blamed for wreckage in wake of Nev. standoff
- FOX NEWS POLL: 6 in 10 voters say Obama lies on important matters
- IRS EMAILS UNCOVERED Lerner, DOJ spoke about pursuing 'political' groups
- Facebook's 'Great Unbundling' Will Make It Easier to Ignore the Noise (and Lame Friends)
- A Brief History of Fast Food's Greatest Innovations
- Obama and Eric Cantor Had a Huge Immigration Fight or Maybe Just Talked Passover
- NASA May Have Captured the Miracle of a Moon's Birth
- 'The Good Wife's' Anti-Cable Emmy Campaign Is Tacky, Even if They Have a Point
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.