- The crowd was sparse, and sounded more like a golf gallery at times during the first half. They did wake up somewhat in the second half, though. The entire southeast section and all upper corners of the stadium were empty.
- The UNC defense is really, really bad...no two ways about it. Didn't we just give defensive coordinator Marvin Sanders a big raise? Better start earning your paycheck, Coach.
- With NC State's loss to Southern Miss tonight, it's looking more and more like the UNC vs. NC State game will be an old school WWF "I quit" match between John Bunting and Chuck Amato....loser resigns (or gets fired).
- Cam Sexton looked like the real deal, going 14 of 20 for 263 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Many of his completions were screen passes which explains the high completion percentage, but he threw the deep outs and crossing routes well, too. Next week he goes to Clemson's Death Valley, so we'll see if tonight was a fluke or not.
- What in the world was Duke point guard Greg Paulus doing wandering through the Kenan Football offices midway through the first half? Who in the heck let him in?
- The UNC defense is really, really bad...yes, I meant to type that twice.
- No Justin Warren, Richie Rich, or Joe Dailey in the backfield tonight. Not that they were needed since the offense was playing well, but it would have been nice to at least the the running backs a couple of reps.
Sep 16, 2006 – 11:43 PM
I just got back from Kenan stadium and thought I'd run down a few of my initial thoughts on the UNC vs. Furman game. I'll get into more depth later as I digest things a little more:Filed under: Sports
News From Our Partners
- No sign of Malaysia Airlines planefound as 'every angle' probed
- OBAMACARE 'IRONY' Union says plan makes income inequality worse
- 'A MAJOR STEP' Blood test could predict Alzheimer's, dementia risk
- UP IN ARMS Italy gov't slams use of 'David' in US gunmaker's ad
- 'GYPSY HILL' MURDERSDNA lead prompts FBI to re-focus on cold case
- Cameron and Merkel: Crimea referendum may violate international law
- Debris that could be from vanished Malaysian plane sighted in ocean
- Stage Collapse In California Sends 25 High School Students To Hospital
- Cuban Shortstop Aledmys Diaz Signs With St. Louis Cardinals
- Mexican Cartel Leader Long Declared Dead Killed, Again
- 'The Good Wife' Winners and Losers: Everyone's In Trouble Again
- Oil Slick Found In Ocean Is Apparently Not From Missing Malaysia Airplane
- Kim Jong-un Was Elected Unanimously with 100% Turnout
- What Does Neil deGrasse Tyson's 'Cosmos' Say About Religion?
- Lindsay Lohan Declares She's Not Oprah in Oprah Docu-Series
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.