Nov 17, 2006 – 11:31 PM
It's that time again - to talk some smack with this week's opponent, the Houston Texans. As you know, Texans love their football. Even if the Bills lose this Sunday, Buffalo can forever hang over Houston one magical afternoon!
Our guest is Stephanie Stradley of the Texans FanHouse. Stephanie is an iconic fan otherwise known as the "Texans Chick." She is a moderator on the official HoustonTexans.com message board and writes an online column about the Texans for the Houston Chronicle newspaper. If you are visiting the game in Houston, you can find her in the platinum lot tailgate prior to the game. She will be wearing a different outfit than this one.
Let's have at it. Here are here questions for me. To see how I responded, check out the Texans blog.
1. Quarterback JP Losman--What are his strengths and weaknesses? What do you think the odds of him getting benched before the season is done?
Clearly, the clock is ticking on J.P. After former GM Tom Donahoe burned a first round pick on the QB from Tulane in 2004, the Bills are committed to finding out whether Losman can cut it or not. I, and many others here, have serious doubts. Losman's major weakness is that he is a one-read quarterback, and that has lead to turnovers (although, none in the last two games). I'd say his strength is his mobility, but the Bills coaches are insistent on keeping Losman in the pocket so he can learn to read defenses. Here's my prediction: Unless Losman shows signs of growth in the next two games, the team will turn to former Packer Craig Nall in December.
2. How will running back Willis McGahee's absence due to his rib injury affect the team?
Not as much as you would think. The "A-train", Anthony Thomas, has proved to be a solid backup (109 yards rushing against the Colts). That's impressive, seeing the Bills threw the ball only 12 times in the game.
3. Over the course of the season, Buffalo's special teams has clearly outperformed the rest of the team. Who are the key players on special teams and what makes them special?
Special teams coach Bobby April was a huge addition to the team three years ago - one has to wonder why he was let go by Mike Martz in St. Louis (oh yeah, Martz only knows offense). Terrence McGee is a dangerous kickoff return man, with four career kickoff returns for touchdowns. Punter Brian Moorman is a Pro Bowler, and kicker Rian Lindell was 14 of 15 on field goals before he missed on a 41-yarder that would have given the Bills the lead with six minutes to go last Sunday in Indy.
4. So, how many sacks do you figure the Buffalo defense gets on Carr? (And do you think it will more than the number of sacks the Texans get on Losman?)
There's an interesting Vegas proposition - which quarterback gets sacked more? Poor David Carr. I'll say he gets sacked four times, with the Bills allowing three (but mind you, it would be more, but the Bills don't throw the ball).
5. Complete these two sentences: The Bills win if_____. And the Texans win if _____.
The Bills win if offensively, they find a way to punch it in in the red zone (the Bills are 29th in the league inside the 20). The Texans win if they stop Anthony Thomas, forcing Losman to throw, and don't allow the big return by Buffalo's special teams.
- 2014 NFL free agency: Winners, losers from frenetic first night
- Video Kings: An oral history of Ballislife and Hoopmixtape
- Doug McDermott earns Sporting News Player of the Year
- College basketball's conference tournaments? Here's why I hate them
- Trust in his team leads Wichita State's Gregg Marshall to SN Coach of the Year
- After Market: Teen Retailers' Moody News Sets Downbeat Tone for Stocks
- Money Minute: Giving Up Facebook for Lent? Boomer Rock Stars in Demand
- After Market: China's Exports and Crimea's Crisis Leave Investors Uneasy
- This April 1 Retirement Trap Could Cost You a 50% Tax Penalty
- Jamba Juice Explores a Future Beyond Smoothies
News From Our Partners
- MYSTERY DEEPENSMalaysia not sure which direction jet was headed
- LIFE-SAVING DECISION In reversal, drug firm to provide meds to dying boy
- MEGACHURCH THEFT $600G taken from safe at Osteen's Texas church
- OBAMACARE TEST VOTE? GOP candidate narrowly wins Fla. special election
- Feinstein: CIA spied on staff, may have broken law- Judge blocks NSA records from being destroyed
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.