In fact, the Warriors were so giddy about breaking a 13-year playoff drought that Jackson, still facing probation violations for discharging a firearm during a preseason strip-club parking lot incident in Indianapolis, does a mock police frisk with his hands behind his head in pregame introductions with teammate Matt Barnes.I think we can all agree that this is a good thing. Some people, because they like to see that Jackson is secure enough to poke fun at his own image. Others, because they're concerned that Jack might actually be strapped, and if so, Matt Barnes can alert everyone to that possibility.
"It's a little joke for all the people who think I'm a bad guy, who don't know me," Jackson told the San Francisco Chronicle. "It's like, 'I got nothing on me, I just want to play basketball and have fun.' "
Apr 23, 2007 – 4:29 PM
I don't think any team is enjoying the postseason more than the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Jackson in particular. From Sam Smith's column in at ChicagoSports.com today is this little tidbit about Jackson, tucked away in a column about Larry Bird's failures as Pacers GM:Filed under: Sports
- Seriously: Coin flip gives Cincinnati No. 1 seed in American Athletic Conference
- Report: Phil Jackson mulling offer to join Knicks' front office; now leaning towards accepting?
- Pressure to win? Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson don't feel it — yet
- PGA Tour: Tiger Woods tames Blue Monster with 66 at Doral
- 2014 NFL Draft: Eric Ebron represents new age tight ends
- Forget Mt. Gox: Bitcoins Will Still Be Your Future Currency
- After Market: Investors Give Thumbs Up to Jobs Report, Thumbs Down to Russia
- Are Crocs Coming Back in Style? Blackstone Group Thinks So
- Week's Winners and Losers: Spying, Poaching, Dishing and Streaming
- Money Minute: Stocks Mark Financial-Crisis Milestone; IPOs Gather Steam
News From Our Partners
- Two stolen passports on missing Malaysia Airlines jet raise terror fears
- 'THE RIGHT THING TO DO' Pastor under fire for church service gun giveaway
- RELATIVE VALUEEinstein letter to WWII GIsOn space, time up for sale
- 'CRITICALLY IMPORTANT' Central European nations ask US for fast gas exports
- PAUL TOPS POLL Sen. Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC presidential ballot
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.