Word is pickup basketball at UCLA got heated Monday when Golden State star point guard Baron Davis engaged in some trash-talking with heralded Southern Cal freshman point guard O.J. Mayo. Davis got upset with Mayo after he didn't respect one of Davis' calls. Word is Davis, a native of Los Angeles, told Mayo that he doesn't know who he is other than the fact that he wasn't from Los Angeles and he also needed to respect a veteran's call.I know I'm supposed to have something witty to say about that, but I think it speaks for itself. I like that Baron, despite being the leader of the league's cockiest team, wants to have hierarchy and respect in place. I like that someone's telling Mayo stuff like this, since he certainly needs to hear it at some point. And most of all, I like that LeBron was in the building, but didn't play. The King just looms.
Aug 15, 2007 – 11:44 AM
If I ran the mainstream media, they'd all be out gathering up more stories like this. Here's an eye-opener from Marc Spears of the Denver Post:Filed under: Sports
- Trust in his team leads Wichita State's Gregg Marshall to SN Coach of the Year
- NFL free agency tracker 2014: Free-agent signings, analysis
- SN's ultimate MLB jersey-buying guide
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench, is conscious
- Clock is ticking on Ware, Cowboys as teams angle for cap room before deadline
- Money Minute: Giving Up Facebook for Lent? Boomer Rock Stars in Demand
- After Market: China's Exports and Crimea's Crisis Leave Investors Uneasy
- This April 1 Retirement Trap Could Cost You a 50% Tax Penalty
- Jamba Juice Explores a Future Beyond Smoothies
- This Game Is the Best Way to Gamble with Your Tax Refund
News From Our Partners
- PLANE MADE U-TURN?Malaysia probes reports that lost jet headed west
- CIA UNDER FIREFeinstein: Agency spied on staff, may have broken law
- TEACHERS FLIP OUTUnion fights proposed ban on sandals, jeans, piercings
- CARTEL CONNECTION? 'Mexican military' incursion into US sparks worry in DC
- Venezuela 'sham' resolution renews US scorn for Organization of American States
- Jay Scott: A Cancer Drug Could Save This 7-Year-Old. But the Company Behind it Won't Give Him Access.
- K. Ford K.: Am I the Face of the New American Middle Class?
- Wray Herbert: Is Gratitude a Tool for Patience?
- Unveiling Afghanistan: Sayed-Askar Mousavi: 'Afghanistan Needs Educated Women to Combat Reactionaries'
- Surprise! If Politicians Think You're A Donor, You'll More Likely to Get a Meeting
- New Data Says Missing Malaysia Air Flight Was Hundreds of Miles Off Course
- But Why Didn't Zach Galifianakis Ask Obama About Benghazi?
- Skrillex Pulls a Beyoncé, Drops Surprise New Album 'Recess'
- The Debate About Privacy and Security Should Not Be a Debate About Snowden
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.