Some Vick supporters have said that Vick must have been sincere in his apology because he gave it without notes. But the Humane Society of the United States says that's not true: According to the Humane Society, Vick had handwritten notes in front of him -- and the Humane Society says it's in possession of those notes:
With dozens of reporters jammed into the press room at the Omni Hotel in Richmond, it was The HSUS's own Chad Sisneros, head of our Video Services section, who in looking to retrieve his microphone saw the abandoned scrap of paper and picked it up.The notes say:
1. Apologize for what I've done
2. Apologize Commissioner, AB, Petrino, ashamed disappointed
3. Young kids I acted immature
4. Forgiveness & understanding
5. Take full responsibility for my actions
6. We all make mistakes I've made mistakes in judgment / Dogs have suffered
That last part -- dogs have suffered -- is in a box at the lower right corner of the paper, and the Humane Society says that's the one Vick never said.
The Humane Society is selling the notes on eBay, and it says the money will go to help in its efforts "to bust the next dogfighting ring."