Shawne Merriman was the last player introduced before the game, and he brought back the "Lights Out" dance as he ran on the field.Yeah, he did the dance, and on the very next play, Damon Huard hit Dwayne Bowe for a long TD pass with Merriman on the sidelines. Perhaps that was Kansas City's message to put the dance back on hold. With the Chargers last in the division at the moment, they'll need a lot more than dances to turn this around.
Merriman said before the season he didn't know if or when he would resurrect the dance, but he'd know when the time was right. He had stopped it in an attempt at a lower profile.
But teammates urged him this week to bring it back. Some of them had even stopped talking to him until he did it again. He also did the dance after his fourth-quarter sack."I wasn't expecting to do it coming out, and I wasn't planning on doing it after a sack," Merriman said. "But the adrenaline gets you to do it."
Oct 1, 2007 – 12:05 PM
After saying in August that he was putting the Lights Out dance on hold, Shawne Merriman apparently decided that this weekend was the right time to bring it back:Filed under: Sports
- NHL playoffs: Bruins close out Rangers, advance to Eastern Conference finals
- Robbie Rogers traded to LA Galaxy, will become first openly gay male athlete to play in U.S. major sport
- NBA Playoffs 2013: LeBron James takes blame; in Game 2, he's not alone
- Kasey Kahne, Kurt Busch lead final practice for Coca-Cola 600
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. hopes to get back on track in Coca-Cola 600 race that fits his style
- 5 Sneaky Ways to Get In-State Tuition for Your Out-of-State Kid
- Will the Banks' Word Be Law? Wall Street Drafts Reform Rollback Bills
- Memorial Day, Sequester-Style: Honoring Soldiers by Cutting Their Benefits
- Fill'er Up With Weird: Our Readers' Surprising Gas Saving Tips
- Best Memorial Day Weekend Deals: Aeropostale, Sears and Slurpees
News From Our Partners
- The Video of the Washington Bridge Collapse Is Terrifying
- Racial Tensions Are High as U.K. Police Arrest Three More Connected to Attack
- The Week's Second Bridge Collapse Happened Because of a Train Collision
- The Justice Department Investigated a New York Times Reporter, Too
- Jimmy Fallon's Wonderful 'Game of Thrones' Parody Previews Late Night's New King
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.