Raiders officials said they do not see any reason to review safety procedures inside the Coliseum.They're right in that the fight took place outside the game, but it still took place in the environment of the Raiders game. Arrowhead Addict is not surprised based on the reputation of Raider fans, while John Ryan in the San Jose Mercury News jokes that the shooting could result in a blackout and allow those in Oakland to watch the Colts/Patriots game in a few weeks. Shootings can happen anywhere, but knowing this news would keep me on my toes if I ever went to a Raiders game in Oakland.
"Our commitment has never been stronger to provide our fans with a ... family-friendly environment so they may enjoy their Sundays with us," Raiders attorney Jeff Birren said. "There's no indication that the suspect even attended the game, and, according to the Alameda County sheriff's office, the argument was unrelated to the football game."
Oct 23, 2007 – 5:08 PM
I know, I know, your first thought is that it was a Raider fan against a Chiefs fan. Not so, according to police in Oakland. They're saying the shooting which occurred in the parking lot after the Raiders loss to the Chiefs was just an argument that "escalated into a physical confrontation." Have no fear, as the Raiders don't plan to do anything differently in light of the shooting:Filed under: Sports
- Stanley Cup playoffs 2014: Columbus gains needed experience in tight loss
- NBA Mock Draft 2014: No. 1 pick is Jabari Parker's to claim
- NBA Playoffs: Eastern, Western Conference first-round matchups
- NHL awards ballot: Crosby is MVP, Chara for Norris
- Lamar Odom a New York Knick ... for an evening, at least
News From Our Partners
- Is your energy meter spying on you?
- 'CAN'T FIGHT THE GOV'T' Colo. couple in eminent domain fight sell for $115G
- NUCLEAR OBSTRUCTION Ex-Iran official details alleged sabotage by US
- 'A LOUD BOOM' 15 injured after Calif. fire truck slams into restaurant
- PRIVACY CONCERNIs your home's energymeter spying on you?
- GM Asks Courts for Protection Because It Technically Became a New Company in 2009
- Canadian Teen Is the First Hacker Arrested for Exploiting Heartbleed
- BP and the Coast Guard Disagree On Whether BP Is Done Cleaning Up the Gulf
- Facebook's 'Great Unbundling' Will Make It Easier to Ignore the Noise (and Lame Friends)
- A Brief History of Fast Food's Greatest Innovations
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.