The new movie The Bucket List -- a film about two men who go and do the things they've always wanted to do before they die -- gets everyone thinking a bit. I mean, if you were in the same sort of situation and money was no object, what would be on your list to do? Where would you go? What would you see?
Seeing as this is a sports blog, let's keep this sports related. If you could go and see any sporting events before you die, what would they be?
Of course, we'd all love to see a Super Bowl -- any Super Bowl. But where? Would heading down to South Florida be ideal? Maybe partying in New Orleans?
We'd all love to go to the World Series too ... and, of course, we'd all love to be at a game in our favorite team's home town. Now, what if I told you that you can pick any stadium but the one of your favorite team? Where would you like to see a World Series game? Yankee Stadium? Wrigley Field? Fenway?
After the jump are some more ideas of sporting things I'd love to see/do:
- UNC-Duke men's basketball game at Cameron Indoor Stadium
- Final round of the Masters
- Screw that: play one round at Augusta
- World Cup Final at Wembley Stadium
- Ohio State-Michigan football game and I get to dot the "i"
- Attend any speaking engagement that involved Dean Smith or John Wooden
- Red River Rivalry (Oklahoma-Texas) at the Cotton Bowl
- Win another fantasy football championship
- Daytona 500
- Opening ceremonies to any Summer Olympics
- Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals ... anywhere (but preferably Detroit against Toronto)
- Tailgate before an Auburn-Alabama game. I've heard things.
- Run through one of those paper signs and onto a field. I've seen it done just once: it was the other team.
- Go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- The game where Barry Bonds HR record is broken
- Do one of those stupid baseball "dream leagues"
- See a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. And I don't even like them.
- Dunk. Just once.
- Whitewater rafting. Don't know why, but it seems like it'd be cool.
- Take batting practice at Coors Field
- Sky diving
- Attend a championship boxing match
- Be a play-by-play guy at the Final Four ... and tell Billy Packer to shut his pie-hole
- Be a ball boy (uh, or trainer) during a Maria Sharapova-Ana Ivanovic tennis match
- Go to an NHL game and a good ol' fashioned brawl breaks out
- Attend a baseball team's entire spring training
- Take my wife to the Kentucky Derby
There are many, many more that can be thought up ... if you do, please put them in the comments section. Here is one from FanHouse blogger hStephanie Stradley:
The absolutely coolist bucket list thing I've ever done relates to me doing the Ultimate Fan contest stuff. If you were a finalist, you got to run out of the tunnel with a flag right in front of the team. I was a four time finalist, so I got to do that four times. It is a rush. Cheerleaders go ahead of you. The team all geeked up is behind you, and there's a gazillion people in the stands all waiting for the team to come out.
You can see the YouTube of it here.