Two major developments are coming out of Chestnut Hill, MA today. One is the fact that North Carolina guard Ty Lawson has finally come back into the lineup for the first time in a month. He didn't start (Quentin Thomas did) but did come in and play a few minutes in the first half.
The other is Boston College's Tyrese Rice. Rice scored 23 points in the first seven minutes of the game ... and has 34 points in the first half. Rice has hit eight three-pointers thus far (again, it is halftime) and set his career high -- for an entire game!
North Carolina ... one of the best scoring teams in the nation ... has just 40 points at the break.
The odd thing is Lawson is having to guard Rice when he's on the floor. Lawson hasn't played since Super Bowl Sunday when he injured his ankle in the opening minutes against Florida State. Now he's asked to guard on of the best scorers in the ACC ... but when he's feeling it offensively.
Boston College leads the #2 Tar Heels 54-40 at the half.
Mar 1, 2008 – 4:27 PM
- Will Dwight Howard force a Lakers sign-and-trade?
- NHL playoffs 2013: Bruins unable to complete sweep; Rangers win Game 4 in OT
- Mike Krzyzewski's ACC forecast: Ten-bid league, best in class
- Blown saves: The managerial misuse of closers
- Quarterback transfers: Multiple signal-callers are moving on in search of playing time
News From Our Partners
- IRS Official at Center of Scandal Refused to Resign, Senator Says
- 'CONTRADICTS REALITY':Senators Rip Obama Call to Repeal 'Use of Force' Law
- MISTRIAL DECLARED:Jury Deadlocks in Penalty Phase of Jodi Arias Trial
- CHICKEN FIGHT:Study Backs Farmer in Pollution Battle With EPA
- TERROR HUNT WIDENS: UK Police Arrest 2 More In Soldier Street Killing
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.