The Bleaker Rankings: Sports Guy For GM?
If we don't care about the scourge of the NBA, who will? The Bleaker Rankings will assess the grotesque each Tuesday.
1. The Knicks. Isiah Thomas still sits in the throne (despite the NY media's best rumor attempts). Therefore, the Knicks remain at the summit of the Bleakers. Zach Randolph is injured and David Lee still doesn't start! Aaah!
2. The Bucks. Things are so bad (how bad are they?) that Bill Simmons began campaigning for the upcoming GM vacancy... and Bucks fans embraced it. The guy who compared Yao Ming over Jay Williams to Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan and said the Magic were "dumb" if they picked Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor... Bucks fans see that fellow as a massive improvement. That pretty much says it all about the Larry Harris regime, doesn't it?
3. Bulls fandom. This quote from Blog-a-Bull sums up the sentiment, I think: "Jim Boylan is a rube, a boob, a farce, a fraud, a hack, a joke, and proving himself to be completely unqualified to be an NBA head coach." A-yep.
4. The D-League in March. Instead of call-ups for The D's brightest novas, fellows like P.J. Brown, Flip Murray and Tyronn Lue are sliding into the 12th man seat. Remember Moneyball? If there's a market inefficiency in the NBA right now (there are likely two dozen), cheap as $%@* and unattached NBDL players (Justin Williams, Rod Benson) are the centerpiece. A pittance for a rebound every two minutes, people!
5. The Suns. Strange things are afoot in PHX, with noted analyst Tas Melas (of The Basketball Jones) predicting the Suns be watching the playoffs and Matthew Yglesias offering an incomplete but frightening graphic.
Others receiving votes: Seattle basketball; Seattle basketball; Seattle basketball.