This all sounds like part of Ed Wade's gonzo plan to win the National League Central this year. In the past week, the Astros have traded for a worthless starting pitcher and hurried their ace back from what seems like a pretty serious injury. And they're still 11.5 games out of a playoff spot. I've seen some bad GM work in my time, but the speed with which Wade is destroying the Astros is alarming. At this rate, they'll be a AAA team by 2010. Or they'll just finish behidn the Pirates again and again.
"I'm confident that (the injury) is gone, but if he does say he feels something, you have to be extremely cautious," manager Cecil Cooper said. "You don't want to have a reoccurrence. They'll watch him real closely in the bullpen when he's warming up."
Jul 28, 2008 – 11:05 AM
When Roy Oswalt went on the disabled list earlier this month, everyone assumed that his season was over. He's got a back problem that lead to a hip problem and the Astros season has been in the toilet since late May, so there's no use in hurrying him along, right? Wrong. He's pitching tonight and to hear Cecil Cooper tell it, the team isn't entirely convinced he's healthy:Filed under: Sports
- NBA mock draft 2013: Cavaliers win draft lottery, fix eyes toward Nerlens Noel
- NBA playoffs 2013: Tim Duncan, now 37, lumbers as he leads Spurs to OT victory
- Look for Cowboys to ride the new 4-3 scheme to playoffs
- NHL playoffs: Tuukka Rask looks to quiet talk of Bruins' struggles to close out series
- SEC should consider abolishing permanent cross-division opponents
News From Our Partners
- Tornado Power Dwarfs Atomic Bomb
- PLEADING THE FIFTH: Top IRS Official to Decline To Testify at House Hearing
- 'UNCONSTITUTIONAL': Federal Court Strikes Down Ariz. 20-Week Abortion Ban
- COMEBACK KID?Anthony Weiner Launches Bid to Become NYC Mayor
- MEDICAL MYSTERY:Unknown Illness Kills 2, Hospitalizes 5 Others in Ala.
- Wounded Warrior And Bride Get Dream Wedding From Grateful California Town
- Mexican Chefs Incorporate Pre-Columbian Techniques In Preparing Dishes
- Brazil Arrests Lebanese Businessman Linked To Hezbollah
- Senate Leaders Reach Deal On High-Tech Visas In Immigration Reform Bill
- Microsoft Debuts Xbox One, Will Go On Sale 'Later This Year'
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.