NBA Essentials: Holy Opening Day, Batman!
1. Need4Sheed. MJ always knew Kwame Brown would be pumping gas within 10 years, but this wasn't quite what he had in mind. (FUNNY VIDEO alert.)
2. The Oregonian. Nate McMillan refers to himself, Greg Oden, Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge as "The Diamond." That's surely not going to inspire humorous retorts from opposition fans over the next decade.
3. Detroit News, via Detroit Bad Boys. In 1999, Michael Curry might have saved the NBA.
4. New York Daily News. Bruce Ratner might be selling a controlling share of the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets. Can anyone loan me $600 million or so?
5. Indy Cornrows. With Mike Dunleavy injured, the immediate fate of the Pacers rests on ... Marquis Daniels and Brandon Rush.
6. Free Darko's Book Website. There are some great illustrations and excerpts available here. Also, the book is incredible. But you don't need me to tell you that.