Wake Forest Fans Overdid It After Home Win Over UNC
I mean, come on, you are in the ACC. You guys are supposed to be the premier basketball conference in the land. You only cheapen your win by celebrating like that. And I wouldn't come down so hard on you, but this is your second offense in less than one calendar year (you did it on Feb. 17, 2008 vs. Duke). Court storming is actually an insult to your players. Court storming is an admission that you didn't think they could win.
The Demon Deacons earned a solid win. But when you are the No. 4 team in the country, you should be expected to hold your home court against North Carolina. I wouldn't even call it an upset, but your fans say otherwise. When your fans storm the court it says to the world, "We are not good enough to be on the floor with you, therefore we are going to storm the court and act like we have just won a national championship."
In fact, Wake Forest could win a national championship this season. Start acting like it. Save the court storming for the mid-major programs.
For future reference, here's a Cliff's Notes version of court storming that you should all study and have ready for your next big home game.
1. No BCS conference school is allowed to storm the court. Your schools get to win national championships in football, while undefeated teams from mid-major conferences get to play for second place. Therefore, you lose your right to storm the court. Hey, make the Mountain West and WAC BCS conference schools, and we'll consider pulling back this rule.
2. You can't storm the court if your team is in the Top 25. And yes, Wake Forest fan, you especially can't storm the court when you are the No. 4 team in the country. Why not just sign up for the "Real World" like all of the other attention hounds. Because when it gets down to it, that's why you were on the floor, not celebrating a win.
3. A team can only be stormed one time per season. Unless the team is Duke. Then feel free.
4. No BCS conference schools can storm the court. I'm serious guys, you look like a mid-card Big Sky school. This can't be stressed enough. No wonder the fans of other schools look down on you.
5. You can't arrest fans for storming the court. The Cal State campus police department did this to a group of Titans fans years ago. Lame.
6. I think I'm forgetting something here. Oh yeah, no BCS schools and no teams in the Top-stinking-10.
Come on Wake Forest fans, act like you've won a big game before.