Sep 6, 2009 – 6:00 PM
LOS ANGELES -- The afternoon sun was orgasmic, framing the Memorial Coliseum in a California daydream as the USC band played its triumphant post-game march. Yet nothing was more radiant than Matt Barkley's smile. He was standing at midfield after his debut, engulfed by media wondering if an 18-year-old true freshman can be worthy of college football's answer to a Hollywood processional: Carson Palmer to Matt Leinart to John David Booty to Mark Sanchez to ...Filed under: NCAA Football, Sports
Tagged: matt barkley
- NBA playoffs 2013: LeBron James bests Paul George in Heat's Game 1 win
- NHL playoffs: Penguins' third-period outburst paces Game 4 win
- Michael Crabtree update: 49ers WR tears tendon, has surgery
- Starting Five: How good do Wiggins and Black make Kansas?
- Where was Roy Hibbert on LeBron James' game-winning shot?
News From Our Partners
- Not So Fast? Reps Want IRS Official Back After Refusal to Testify
- 'SICKENING INDIVIDUALS': Terrorists Allegedly on UK Police Radar Before Attack
- GALILEE MYSTERY: Huge Submerged Structure Stumps Archaeologists
- ESPIONAGE ACT: DOJ Invokes Wartime Law in Calling Reporter 'Co-Conspirator'
- Obama to restart push to shut down Guantanamo- FOX NEWS POLL: Most want Guantanamo kept open
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- Bangladesh mulls homicide charges in deadly collapse
- Jennifer Lopez to launch Verizon reseller with Latino focus
- California Man Found Almost Four-Foot-Long Ball Python In Dumpster
- Heat eke out Game 1 win over Pacers thanks to James' heroics
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.