Fantasy Football Week 10 Rankings: K
Ryan Longwell has only been outscored by three other kickers this season -- and one of them is on a bye this week. He's made 13 of 14 field goal attempts and all 29 extra points. The Lions have been on the receiving end of 27 extra points and 14 field goals thus far in 2009. Expecting double digit points from your kicker is rarely feasible -- due to the fickle nature of kickers -- but you can do so here, Longwell owners.
1. Ryan Longwell, MIN vs. DET
2. Stephen Gostkowski, NE at IND
3. David Akers, PHI at SD
4. Rob Bironas, TEN vs. BUF
5. Matt Prater, DEN at WAS
6. Robbie Gould, CHI at SF
7. Dan Carpenter, MIA vs. TB
8. John Carney, NO at StL
9. Nick Folk, DAL at GB
10. Mason Crosby, GB vs. DAL
11. Nate Kaeding, SD vs. PHI
12. Steven Hauschka, BAL at CLE
13. Jay Feely, NYJ vs. JAX
14. Joe Nedney, SF vs. CHI
15. Matt Stover, IND vs. NE
16. Olindo Mare, SEA at ARI
17. Neil Rackers, ARI vs. SEA
18. Josh Scobee, JAX at NYJ
19. Ryan Succop, KC at OAK
20. Sebastian Janikowski, OAK vs. KC
• Bironas, along with his entire team, is back. He was one of the most reliable kickers the past few years, but struggled with consistency earlier this season as his team was a major disappointment. Now it seems as though the Titans have figured things out and Bironas has accrued 24 points in the past two weeks. Don't expect him to slow down against the Bills at home.
• Prater is a really good bet for field goals this week. The Broncos' offense has sputtered the past two weeks. They will be able to better move the ball against the Redskins, but Washington plays solid defense once in their own territory. Only the Dolphins have allowed more field goals, but the Redskins have only allowed 13 extra points -- tying them for second-best in the NFL.
• A good sleeper this week is Hauschka. The Browns have give up 23 extra points and 14 field goals this season, meaning they give up more than eight kicking points per week. The Ravens offense should have no trouble getting in the red zone all game. Mix in a few field goals with their many touchdowns and Hauschka is in for a big week.
• Two "hail Mary" type sleepers are Succop and Janikowski. It's tough to count on either offense, regardless of the matchup, and that's why they are ranked 19 and 20, respectively. Still, there is a real shot for either one -- or both -- to have a solid kicking game. Both the Raiders and Chiefs have allowed 22 extra points and 15 field goals this season. That's an average of more than eight kicking points per game.