Fantasy Football Week 14 Rankings: TE
In a season filled with flux, it's the old reliable and trustworthy sources you should turn to with everything on the line. I'm looking no further than the hottest fantasy tight end around right now, Antonio Gates. After a slow stretch of the season Gates has woken up and is back to his old dominating self. He's gone over 100 yards in back to back games and you should feel safe setting the expectations bar just as high versus the Cowboys this weekend. Oh yeah, and on the other side of the field, Jason Witten should also continue his tear against Gates' Chargers who love to relinquish points to opposing tight ends. As for the rest of the ranks...
1. Antonio Gates, SD at DAL
2. Jason Witten, DAL vs. DEN
3. Vernon Davis, SF vs. ARI
4. Dallas Clark, IND vs. DEN
5. Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN vs. CIN
6. Brent Celek, PHI at NYG
7. Tony Gonzalez, ATL at NO
8. Kellen Winslow, TB vs. NYJ
9. Kevin Boss, NYG vs. PHI
10. Greg Olsen, CHI vs. GB
11. Jermichael Finley, GB at CHI
12. Jeremy Shockey, NO at ATL
13. Zach Miller, OAK vs. WAS
14. Heath Miller, PIT at CLE
15. Fred Davis, WAS at OAK
16. Bo Scaife, TEN vs. STL
17. Todd Heap, BAL vs. DET
18. Anthony Fasano, MIA at JAC
19. John Carlson, SEA at HOU
20. Benjamin Watson, NE vs. CAR
21. Dustin Keller, NYJ at TB
22. Tony Scheffler, DEN at IND
22. Marcedes Lewis, JAC vs. MIA
23. David Thomas, NO at ATL
24. Randy McMichael, STL at TEN
25. Will Heller, DET at BAL
• Kevin Boss is a great "matchup" play to target as the Eagles simply can't stop the opposing tight end. I mean Tony Gonzalez arguably had a "so-so" game last weekend and still roped in 72 yards against the Eagles. Seriously, Boss is a threat to score.
• Jermichael Finley is coming off a monster Monday night performance against the Ravens, but he's also still coming off an injury. He should be in the line-up against the Bears and if so, expect another solid game. I'm not saying we are looking at him scoring a pair of TD's, but you get the point.
• Who gets to face the Lions this weekend? Oh, that'd be Todd Heap who looked sluggish, slow and dropped a few passes against the Packers. That said, he did see plenty of targets and he should expect more early and often against the Lions. Only if you're desperate, but if Heap can't score this weekend...
• Bo Scaife is on the rise again now that Vince Young is back in control. You have to start him against the Rams if you're in a deep league and can't find a better option.