Feb 13, 2010 – 2:01 PM
Despite the early postponement of the men's downhill event, tonight's first medal ceremony will continue as scheduled with presentations for ski jumping (individual normal hill) and women's biathlon (7.5-kilometre sprint).
The All-American Rejects will headline the music component playing songs from their latest album, "When the World Comes Down" and fan favourites like "Swing, Swing," "Dirty Little Secret" and "Move Along."
The medal ceremony and concert will take place at the Whistler Medals Plaza, the newly-erected building in the heart of Whistler Village that will also serve as the venue for the Paralympic Closing Ceremonies on March 21st.
The intimate amphitheatre seats 5,000 with approximately half of the tickets for medal ceremonies going to the Sea to Sky community through a distribution contest, with the other portion reserved for athletes and their friends and families.
After the Games, the Whistler Medals Plaza will be converted into an outdoor gathering space for the Sea to Sky community that will feature outdoor performance space, an open grass lawn and a play area for children. The playground, due for completion this summer, will include a tree house structure, swings, a wild wood playhouse and added features for children with disabilities.
The All-American Rejects kick off the Medal Ceremonies tonight, with many other great North American acts to follow, including Feist, Devo and The Roots. See the full schedule below:
February 13 - All-American Rejects
February 14 - Estelle
February 15 - Pierre Lapointe
February 16 - Feist
February 17 - Our Lady Peace
February 18 - Deadmau5
February 19 - Hedley
February 20 - Stars
February 21 - OneRepublic
February 22 - Devo
February 23 - The Fray
February 24 - Jet
February 25 - The Roots
February 26 - K'Naan
February 27 - Usher
Tagged: all-american rejects, All-americanRejects, Deadmau5, devo, estelle, feist, hedley, jet, knaan, MedalCeremonies, onerepublic, our lady peace, OurLadyPeace, paralympic closing ceremonies, ParalympicClosingCeremonies, pierre lapointe, PierreLapointe, stars, the fray, the roots, TheFray, TheRoots, usher, whistler medals plaza, WhistlerMedalsPlaza
- 5 Ways to Beat High Concession Prices -- and the NFL's Bag Ban
- When It Comes to Data Collection, Which Companies Can You Trust?
- Careless Chinese Baggage Handler Really Throws Himself Into His Work
- Here's Why United Was Just Named America's Worst Airline
- Classic Cosmetics: Kinder to Your Skin, Your Wallet and the Earth
News From Our Partners
- Despite Order to Cut Gov't Spending, IRS Set to Pay $70M in Union Bonuses
- 'NOT TRULY SAFE': Obama Pushes Cuts in America's Nuke Arsenal
- COST OF IMMIGRATION: American Wages Projected To Drop Under Senate Bill
- BREAKING THE SILENCE: Investigators: TWA Flight 800 Crash Reason Wrong
- EXCLUSIVE: Did Group With UN Ties Issue Fake Diplomatic IDs?
Also on AOL >>>
More on Aol
More on Aol
More From AOL
Latest news, weather, health, business, sports, science, money, entertainment, world news, elections, weird news and more.