This week, Polamalu's at home facing the Bengals – a matchup he's missed (due to injury) three out of the last six times these teams have squared off. In one of those games (Week 10 last season) he got hurt in the first quarter after making a big stop and was out the remainder of the season. I like his chances this week, although you shouldn't sit a top-10 DB to get him in there.
More Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE | D/ST | K | Sleepers | Waiver Pickups
1. Donte Whitner, BUF (vs. CLE)
2. Michael Griffin, TEN (vs. IND)
3. Terrell Thomas, NYG (at MIN)
4. Bernard Pollard, HOU (vs. BAL)
5. Quintin Mikell, PHI (at DAL)
6. Tyvon Branch, OAK (at JAC)
7. Charles Tillman, CHI (vs. NE)
8. Charles Woodson, GB (at DET)
9. Charles Godfrey, CAR (vs. ATL)
10. T.J. Ward, CLE (at BUF)
11. Kerry Rhodes, ARI (vs. DEN)
12. Yeremiah Bell, MIA (at NYJ)
13. Abram Elam, CLE (at BUF)
14. Troy Polamalu, PIT (vs. CIN)
15. Ed Reed, BAL (at HOU)
16. Earl Thomas, SEA (at SF)
17. Dawan Landry, BAL (at HOU)
18. Brent Grimes, ATL (at CAR)
19. DeAngelo Hall, WAS (vs. TB)
20. Antoine Winfield, MIN (vs. NYG)
21. Eric Berry, KC (at SD)
22. Reed Doughty, WAS (vs. TB)
23. Patrick Chung, NE (at CHI)
24. Eric Weddle, SD (vs. KC)
25. Cortland Finnegan, TEN (vs. IND)
26. Roman Harper, NO (vs. STL)
27. Sean Jones, TB (at WAS)
28. Sean Considine, JAC (vs. OAK)
29. Brandon Flowers, KC (at SD)
30. Devin McCourty, NE (at CHI)
• Donte Whitner had his first interception of the season, returning it for 37 yards. The IDP superstar added seven tackles, bringing his total to 111 for the season.
• "Bonecrusher" Bernard Pollard had five solos, a sack and a PD in Thursday's loss to Philly; he's a Top Five DB option every week, even though his big-play numbers are down this season.
• The Buccaneers placed cornerback Aqib Talib on injured reserve. The risk/reward DB (six INTs on the season) suffered a hip injury in the first half during Sunday's 28-24 loss to the Falcons. I like Bucs safety Sean Jones this week facing the Redskins.
• Brandon Flowers played in Week 13 despite a hamstring injury that forced him off the field several times for treatment. If he's active and healthy, he should see lots of action this week, but he's definitely a question mark. Stay tuned.
• Jacksonville SS Courtney Greene (shoulder) will likely miss a couple weeks, vaulting Sean Considine into fantasy relevance once again. Considine struggled at times, but is an adequate IDP performer when active.
• Giants CB Terrell Thomas continues his stellar play. He's on a short list of cornerbacks who do a great job in coverage and still record excellent IDP numbers. He had an INT, five solos, a PD, and a forced fumble against the Redskins, and should draw Sidney Rice this week.
• Tyvon Branch (shoulder) was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice, but played last week despite being limited. I'm assuming he'll be active on Sunday, but you should chck the list before you plug him in.
• Brent Grimes has INTs in each of his past three games against the Bucs, who the Falcons defeated yet again on Sunday. Grimes is a Top 20 IDP DB this season and could have another big game at Carolina.