The uprising does not match the intensity of what's going on in Libya, but some of the protesters say they drew inspiration from the rebellion there.
"It has a big influence on everyone. If Gadhafi falls, our government will fall directly," Ameena Sabah, one of the Bahrainian protest organizers, told AOL News.
Meanwhile, Stars and Stripes reported that Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen arrived in Bahrain today on a trip that "has been long planned," according to Mullen. "I honestly never gave a second thought as to whether I was coming or not, despite what happened in Tunisia and Egypt [and elsewhere]," he said.
The newspaper reported he would visit the U.S. troops at Naval Support Activity Bahrain, a Navy base, on Friday. The U.S. Embassy would not confirm Mullen's visit for AOL News.
In Manama today, men followed by women calmly walked through the city's streets carrying seven coffins in memory of the men killed in last week's violent crackdown. The group of about 400 protesters chanted in English, "Go down, Hamad, go down, Hamad," referring to King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. They reached the Bahrain Gate, the entry to a tourist attraction and market, before returning to Pearl Square.
"We are giving the government a chance to fulfill our demands. If they do not, we will extend our protests to other areas," said Hassan Al Basri, a lecturer at the Ministry of Health. "We won't stay forever in that roundabout." He was wearing a pin calling for the firing of his minister.
Protesters said they wanted the international community to know their peaceful demands. But they were also prepared for any attempts at further regime crackdown.
"We have to keep the risks in our mind. We prayed before we march so if we die, we die clean," said Amira Ansif, a 32-year-old manager. She said some of the women were wearing funeral clothes under their black abayas and "are ready to be martyrs."
Around the procession, employees of various companies stood in front of their office buildings watching with interest, but those approached for comment did not want to talk. A few snapped pictures of the demonstrators with their cell phones, but most stood silently, gazing at the marchers.
Protesters said today's march was called for by the youth of the movement. "We want to show the people with the government and the government that there are many people against this government, and they are able to walk for miles and miles," said Sabah, a 24-year-old member of a Facebook group that launched the protests Feb. 14.
"This is a new step to put pressure on the government and give the government time to think about demands. We will wait a few days before making a new step," Sabah said.
In addition to the seven people killed, 18 are still in the hospital with injuries and two are in critical condition, according to the government's statement.
Pearl Square, meanwhile, has taken on the appearance of a permanent encampment, with tents, screens and furniture spread out across the plaza. A mass rally is planned for Friday after prayer time to continue pressure on the government to agree to the protesters' demands.