Toddler Served Alcohol at Michigan Applebee's
It started when Taylor Dill-Reese ordered a kid's meal for her son, Dominic, requesting apple juice as the beverage. At first, the mother attributed her son's unusual behavior to "just being sleepy," she told MyFoxDetroit.com. "He was saying 'hi' and 'bye' to the walls, and he eventually laid his head down on the table," Dill-Reese said.
Madison Heights police were called to the scene and determined the drink contained a small amount of alcohol. The child was taken to the hospital, where doctors placed his alcohol level at .10 -- over the legal limit for an adult driver, the local Fox station reported.
Police believe the incident, which appears to be an accident, happened when a leftover mixed drink combination was mistakenly labeled as apple juice, according to The Detroit News.
Doctors told Dill-Reese her son could have died if he drank the entire cup, ClickonDetroit.com reported. The toddler was checked out of the hospital after doctors determined he was OK.
Applebee's issued a statement calling the incident "unacceptable" and promised to work with local authorities.